Friday 30 November 2012

Fade out.....

I moved my stereo back downstairs into the living room. Even rearranged to find the perfect spot for it. I am wending my way through my CD collection, dusting off old favourites (I've been mainly existing on my mp3 collection using the laptop. It's not the same). I feel so much better.
I've noticed that there are those songs that I have carried with me, and those that, when I hear them now, transport me back vividly to a particular time or moment. There were a lot of teenage Radiohead moments! I'm sure most people had them!
'Phew, for a minute there I lost myself' was my mantra. I was 17/18, studying to get my grades for university, and waitressing 3 or 4 times a week. I carried that lyric with me written on a postcard. It used to be my reminder, my cue to stop, to reflect, to put things back into perspective. I'd forgotten. Maybe I should have it tattooed along my arm.
I want a record player.

No comments: