Wednesday 13 May 2009

It's the heart that matters more

"They don't know how it feels to love some band, or some silly song, so much it hurts" - Sapphire, Almost Famous

I saw Counting Crows on Monday night, for about the eighth time. It was the first time I'd ever seen them do a full acoustic set, and it was.....incredible, transcendent, beautiful. Songs that I know like my oldest friends took on new personalities. Melodies twisted and meandered and exploded into kaleidoscopes of emotions. Adam was a storyteller, sitting at the edge of the stage or wandering across like a lost soul gesturing into a sky of stars. Spinning out tales of bittersweetness, of loving and losing, of memories and of dreams.

It was a perfect evening where time stood still and I was lost in the moment, the rest of the world ceased to exist. There was only me & a few thousand others with our senses captivated and our emotions overwhelmed.

No comments: